The new Strategic Plan includes new Mission and Vision statements, and comprehensive Strategic Initiatives and Actions that detail how we will develop and implement programs that address the challenges related to sustainability, resilience, and climate equity. To achieve our goals, we are committed to engaging all levels of government, the private sector, academia, philanthropy, and communities to create solutions that are replicable and scalable across the country.
Over the next three years, HARC will focus on applying independent scientific analysis and research, technology validations, and solutions’ implementation on the following four priorities:
- Implementing impactful, sustainable, solutions-driven research to protect our environment and natural resources, and to promote resilience and climate equity.
- Strategically supporting the broad deployment of clean distributed energy resources to decarbonize the power system, ensure electric grid reliability and resilience, reduce costs, and lessen energy burdens.
- Accelerating decarbonization and resilience practices in the commercial sector by raising awareness of HARC’s net zero building and sustainable site and offering consulting expertise in sustainable commercial building practices.
- Championing climate equity in underserved communities through the development and launch of the Climate Equity and Community Engagement Initiative.
HARC’s new Mission and Vision Statements also set the tone for the organization’s directional focus:
HARC applies science to drive energy, air, water, and resilience solutions for a sustainable and equitable future.
We envision a world where:
- natural resources are sustainably used and equitably distributed;
- the economy is viable and ensures the well-being of current and future generations;
- society is fully engaged in the stewardship and enrichment of nature; and
- effective action is consistently taken to ensure all communities thrive.
In addition, a defining statement on our Guiding Principles confirms that at the core of what we do — and how we do it — is our commitment to showing demonstrable respect for all humans, nature, and our planet:
Our Guiding Principles
- We are committed to solid, non-partisan science and analysis.
- We believe diversity is essential to the most successful systems, solutions, and outcomes.
- We are committed to equal opportunity and access for all.
- We value community and are committed to building collaborations to understand the needs of the communities in which we work.
- We believe in teamwork to achieve common goals.
- We practice transparency in how we operate as a business and how we work within the community.
Please read the complete Strategic Plan here. If you would like to receive a copy, please email email@example.com. To stay up to date on our programs and project developments, please confirm you are subscribed to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.