Upcoming Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Webinar for Data Center and IT Industries Scheduled for 12/5
Join the Department of Energy’s Southcentral CHP Technical Assistance Partnership on December 5, for a webinar on the opportunities and applications of combined heat and power (CHP) at data and IT facilities. The application of CHP is proving to be a great opportunity to reduce energy costs, save money and improve facility resilience. Join us for an interactive session that will cover the drivers and strategies that have helped facilities in the data center and IT industries successfully adopt CHP as well as discuss lessons learned and best practices.
Date: Thursday, December 5
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CST
What is CHP?
CHP systems, also known as cogeneration, are a highly efficient form of distributed generation, typically designed to serve a single large building, campus or group of facilities, including microgrids. During normal operation, CHP operates at high fuel efficiencies by simultaneously generating electricity and recovering heat to provide steam, hot water or chilled water.
Learn from an expert
- Introduction to different CHP technologies and applications to data and IT facilities
- Overview of federally funded Technical Assistance
- Technical assistance available including free CHP screening of your facility and free
- 3rd party reviews of vendor proposals
- Hear case studies of operating CHP manufacturing facilities
- Understand market opportunities, current and future rebates, incentives and tax advantages available for customers that install CHP
Who should attend?
- Facility Managers
- Energy Managers
- Service/maintenance staff
Dr. Gavin Dillingham - Director, Southcentral CHP TAP
Ethan Jeffcoat – Regional Sales Manager, Lone Star Power Solutions
DOE’s CHP Technical Assistance Partnerships (CHP TAPs) promote and assist in transforming the market for CHP, waste heat to power, and district energy technologies/concepts throughout the United States.