Lisa Gonzalez, HARC President and CEO, along with key staff to present at 2018 Texas Energy Summit
Lisa Gonzalez, President and Chief Executive Officer of HARC, will be featured as one of the keynote speakers during the 2018 Texas Energy Summit. Gonzalez will be presenting as part of the opening presentation panel entitled Houston: City in Recovery, City on the Rise. This panel, also featuring the VP of Power Delivery for CenterPoint and CEO of the Center for Houston’s Future, will explore Houston’s recovery and the City’s quest to hold its position as the energy capital of the world. The program will be held September 24-26, 2018 in Houston, Texas at the Hyatt Regency in the Galleria area.
During the conference, Ms. Gonzalez will be joined by three additional HARC researchers: Mustapha Beydoun, PhD, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer; Marina Badoian-Kriticos, Research Scientist, Energy and Natural Resource Policy; and Gavin Dillingham, PhD, Program Director, Clean Energy Policy.
Dr. Beydoun, Ms. Badoian-Kriticos, and Dr. Dillingham will all be presenting on panels.
The Texas Energy Summit is a premiere educational conference and business expo that provides attendees the opportunity to engage in a lively conversation about cleaner air, a better built environment, sustainability and a new energy economy.
As part of the conference, HARC team members are hosting an interactive workshop on how combined heat and power (CHP) can help safeguard facilities from natural disasters. Industry experts will discuss data, research, and resources explaining how CHP can increase facility resilience and offset costs. REGISTER TODAY. This workshop is hosted by the Southcentral and Upper-West CHP Technical Assistance Partnerships (CHP-TAP) at HARC.
Monday, September 24, 2018
Workshop at 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Lunch will be provided
Tour of NASA's CHP System at 1:00 PM
The Texas Energy Summit, rotated annually among Texas metropolitan regions, will provide a forum to:
- Share information on state and local energy efficiency, renewable energy, and air quality policies;
- Raise awareness of the importance of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability measures for the state’s economic well-being as Texas;
- Highlight and celebrate successful policies and programs being implemented to achieve emissions reductions and related environmental and economic benefits;
- Explore the growing importance of the Energy/Water Nexus; and
- Consider the exciting new advances in intelligent building design, Smart Cities and energy efficiency Internet of Things (IOT), including manufacturing/industrial IOT.